Tag: Sondland, Gordon D (1957- )

Got $1 Million to Spare? You Can Buy an Ambassadorship

Under Presidents Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush, roughly 70 percent of ambassadorial posts went to Foreign Service Officers — professionals who spent years training for such a post. The other 30 percent have been political appointments. Some of those are competent foreign-policy veterans; others have country expertise from working […]

Read More