KING Charles has ditched his annual skiing trip with pals to make sure he is not injured for his Coronation.
He has taken to the piste at Klosters in Switzerland almost every February or March for the past 45 years.
But senior sources revealed Charles has cancelled this year’s trip with friends and family because he does not want to look “ostentatious” or risk injury before he is crowned at Westminster Abbey
In addition, aides want his first trip abroad as King to be an official engagement, not a holiday.
Sources say “all focus” is on getting the Coronation done on Saturday May 6.
Charles is due to leave Britain before the event — but to make official visits to France and Germany at the end of March.
A source said: “There are many factors at play, not least it’s a bad look to go skiing during the cost-of-living crisis and the King is not a very ostentatious person.
“Also it would be disastrous to suffer a skiing accident.”
Charles, 74, narrowly escaped death in 1988 when his skiing party was caught in an avalanche, killing friend Major Hugh Lindsay.
A spokesman for the King declined to comment.
Most read in Celebrity
It comes as we previously revealed that Harry and Meghan WILL be invited to the King’s coronation with organisers planning for them to attend.
With invitations to the 90 minute Westminster Abbey service due to go out this month, sources say the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will both make the 2,000 strong guestlist of royals, dignitaries and world leaders.
One official involved in coronation planning, told The Sun: “They will definitely be invited, and we are working on the assumption that they will come.”
The special bank holiday weekend will see a series of processions and the King appearing on the Palace balcony twice.
After the service, the newly-crowned King and Queen Consort will take part in a large ceremonial parade known as the Coronation Procession.
Hundreds of officials across Whitehall and the Foreign Office are working on the plans, with tens of thousands expected in the capital to cheer on the new King.
The guestlist has been drawn up by the Palace but in close consultation with 10 Downing Street and the Foreign Office – with scores of foreign royals and leaders all expected to attend.
Asked on Thursday by Piers Morgan if Harry and Meghan should be invited, Rishi Sunak refused to say either way.
The floundering PM said: “I had a feeling you might ask me that.
“You know I can’t talk about the Royal Family.”