The Las Vegas Raiders cut down their roster to the NFL’s mandated initial 53-man roster Tuesday afternoon.
Among the cuts was offensive lineman Alex Leatherwood, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network. The previous Raiders regime drafted Leatherwood with the 17th overall pick in the 2021 NFL draft.
Despite #Raiders‘ trade talks with teams on Alex Leatherwood, was told no viable offers ever materialized. Teams were expecting the Raiders to eventually release him.
— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) August 30, 2022
The Raiders traded Trayvon Mullen Jr. to the Arizona Cardinals, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
The deadline for cuts to be made was 1 p.m. PDT.
The Raiders started training camp with 90 players and got down to 75 through Sunday after cutting a couple players and placing some on injured reserve.
Raiders’ initial 53-man roster
QB: Derek Carr, Jarrett Stidham
FB: Jakob Johnson
LG: John Simpson, Dylan Parham
C: Andre James
RG: Lester Cotton Sr., Jermaine Eluemunor
RT: Thayer Munford Jr.
Special teams: K Daniel Carlson, P AJ Cole, LS Trent Sieg
Raiders announced the following moves:
Waived G Alex Bars, LB Curtis Bolton, CB Isiah “Ike” Brown, CB Bryce Cosby, S Qwynnterrio Cole, TE Cole Fotheringham, QB Chase Garbers, G/T Alex Leatherwood, G Jordan Meredith, T Bamidele Olaseni, WR Dillon Stoner, DE Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa, DE Zach VanValkenburg, RB Austin Walter and WR Isaiah Zuber
Placed TE Jacob Hollister on the injured list.
Reported earlier on Tuesday
▪ Raiders are releasing DB Darius Phillips in a surprise cut, according to ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler. Fowler tweeted Phillips was set to be a backup cornerback and play on special teams. (He signed a one-year deal with the Raiders in March after playing with the Cincinnati Bengals).
▪ Raiders are releasing S Matthias Farley, Pelissero, reported.
▪ The Raiders will waive OL Bam Olaseni, Pelissero said. Olaseni could land on the Raiders’ practice squad if he clears waivers.
▪ Raiders are waiving CB Bryce Cosby, a source told The Bee. He will be brought back on the practice squad if he clears waivers.
▪ Raiders waived Leatherwood.
▪ Raiders traded Mullen to the Arizona Cardinals.
▪ LB Curtis Bolton will be waived, according to Doug Kyed of Pro Football Focus.
▪ Waived TE Nick Bowers
▪ WR Justin Hall
▪ Placed DL Tyler Lancaster on injured reserve
▪ Placed LB Tae Davis on injured reserve
▪ Placed T Brandon Parker on injured reserve.
▪ Released RB Kenyan Drake
▪ Released CB Chris Jones
▪ Waived WR Chris Lacy
▪ Waived/Injured CB Cre’Von LeBlanc.
▪ The Raiders traded QB Nick Mullens for a conditional 2024 seventh-round pick from the Minnesota Vikings.
▪ Signed LB Tae Davis
▪ Placed DE Jordan Jenkins on the injured list
▪ Acquired a conditional 2024 seventh-round draft pick from the Tennessee Titans in exchange for S Tyree Gillespie. (Note: Gillespie was cut by Tennessee on Monday.)
▪ Released WR Demarcus Robinson
▪ Released DT Vernon Butler
▪ Waived DE Gerri Green
▪ Waived T Tyrone Wheatley Jr.
▪ Waived CB Nate Brooks.