MEGHAN Markle’s Suits co-star Patrick Adams has branded the Royal Family “shameless” and said their treatment of the Duchess of Sussex has been “obscene” in an extraordinary rant.
Patrick, 39, said Meghan was “enthusiastic, kind, cooperative, giving, joyful and supportive” when they were working together on Suits.
He tweeted: “She fell in love, moved to a new country, became a household name across the entire globe and began the difficult work of trying to find her place in a family dynamic that can at best be described as complicated and at worst, seemingly archaic and toxic.”
His support comes amid the fall-out from Prince Harry and Meghan’s Oprah interview, with fresh trailer released containing bombshell statements.
In the latest clip, the Duchess of Sussex accuses Buckingham Palace of “perpetuating falsehoods”.
Follow our Harry and Meghan live blog below for the very latest news and gossip about the royal couple…
MEGHAN AND HARRY INTERVIEW COULD ‘MAKE OPRAH MILLIONS’
TV bosses are set to make “many millions” from reselling Oprah Winfrey’s explosive Meghan and Harry interview – after resisting growing calls to pull it over Prince Philip’s ill health.
The talk show megastar and network CBS are not thought to be willing to change the timing of Sunday night’s show, despite the royal’s grave condition.
Hollywood PR guru Howard Bragman, who has known the chat show queen for 40 years, told The Sun: “Somebody is set to make a lot of money from this – the total value is many millions.
“It is very valuable footage and people around the world will want to see it – both the interviewer and interviewees are international figures. It’s truly international.
“There are ‘fair use’ laws in the US, where the networks can show a certain amount of footage, so I’m not sure how much they will spend. But this will have appeal around the world.”
‘MEGHAN MARKLE HAS CONVINCED PRINCE HARRY HE WAS MISERBALE ALL ALONG’
Petronella Wyatt said: “Let me get straight to the point about Meghan and Harry’s interview with Oprah Winfrey.
“I disagree with my friend Piers Morgan that its broadcast is a scandal, given that the Duke of Edinburgh is recovering from heart surgery. In my view, it would be a scandal if it wasn’t shown.
Not since Peter Finch’s character threatened to blow his brains out on live TV in the 1976 film Network has anyone committed such a public act of self-destruction. When the credits roll, I have a feeling that the heads of Haz and Megs will roll with them.
The Prince of Sighs and the Duchess of Self Delusion have committed their ultimate act of folly. They should have remembered the saying “people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones”. And boy, has their house turned out to be glass of the least durable kind.
That slick trailer promised heartrending tales of Meghan’s victimhood. These include her “silencing” by bullying palace officials and her “almost unsurvivable” ordeals, presumably at the hands of the British Press, to the extent that Harry says, between gulps, that his greatest concern was: “History repeating itself.”
To read the full piece click here.
MEGHAN SHOWS ‘SUPPRESSED ANGER WHEN TALKING ABOUT PREVIOUS OPRAH CHAT’
Meghan Markle showed “anger” after claiming the palace previously blocked her from doing an interview with Oprah Winfrey.
In the third teaser clip released ahead of the bombshell chat, the Duchess of Sussex, 39, appeared to try to suppress her true feelings, according to body language expert Judi James.
Judi told Fabulous that Meghan appeared “coy” as she claimed she had a lack of freedom, but this turned to “anger” during the chat.
Judi explained: “Her upper foot begins to rock and she giggles coyly as Oprah relates how her first request for an interview was turned down.
“Her [Meghan’s] head-shake suggests there are so many things she could tell and then after her ‘we’re on the other side’ her body language mood changes from ‘coy’ and there are some subtle signs that could hint at suppressed anger, like a sigh, a raising of her eyebrows and an accelerated blink rate.”
GAYLE KING SAYS SHE’S BEEN ‘VILIFIED’ AS SHE SLAMS ‘OPPRESSIVE ROYALS’
Gayle, 66, defended the duchess as she and her fellow presenters discussed a new teaser clip for the couple’s highly anticipated Oprah interview.
t came as the TV network featured a report branding Britain racist and “socially conservative” – as well as a society that likes women in the Royal Family who are “seen and not heard”.
Gayle, who is a close friend of Meghan, also tore into the royals for their response to the Jeffrey Epstein scandal and spoke about Prince Andrew: “I do think that’s a very interesting observation.
“There’s sort of been crickets when it comes to Prince Andrew and they’re talking about alleged misbehaviour – ‘Mean Girl’ behaviour – from Meghan, that was first raised in 2018 and there wasn’t an investigation.
“Now, right before the interview, there’s an investigation.”
‘MEGHAN MARKLE PLOTTED BOMBSHELL OPRAH INTERVIEW’
Meghan Markle plotted her bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey three years ago — in the weeks before she married Harry.
The Duchess, 39, first wanted to speak when the chat queen rang in 2018.
n a new trailer for tomorrow’s show, Oprah reveals: “You said sorry it’s not the right time.”
Meghan had another dig at “The Firm” by claiming that Palace aides stopped her being interviewed by Oprah before the Royal Wedding.
In the 60-second teaser clip — the longest so far — Oprah Winfrey recalls how she called Meghan in London in “either February or March 2018”.
LORRAINE KELLY SAYS MEGHAN AND HARRY HAVE RUINED THEIR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE ROYALS
Lorraine Kelly said: “Meghan and Harry have wrecked their relationship with his family and I honestly don’t see how they will ever be able to repair the damage unleashed by this weekend’s bombshell Oprah interview.
“All families have fights but this is turning into World War Three.
“Meghan is seen accusing The Firm of “perpetuating falsehoods”, which is posh-speak for telling lies.
“I’m not sure what untruths Meghan is specifically referring to because, remember, this interview was filmed well before accusations about her “bullying” royal staff came to light this week.
“It has to be said that bullying is a very strong word to use and a serious accusation against Meghan.”
To read the full piece click here.
MEGHAN;S SUITS CO-STARS SAY ROYALS ARE ‘SHAMELESS’
Meghan Markle’s Suits co-star Patrick Adams has branded the Royal Family “shameless” and said their treatment of the Duchess of Sussex has been “obscene” in an extraordinary rant.
The Canadian actor accused the Palace of “tormenting” Meghan Markle and described the monarchy as “archaic and toxic” in a series of tweets.
Patrick, 39, said Meghan was “enthusiastic, kind, cooperative, giving, joyful and supportive” when they were working together on Suits.
His tweets came after reports were published that Meghan had “bullied” several former staff members at Kensington Palace.
MEGHAN’S PALS SAY ‘PALACE USING PRINCE PHILIP ILNESS AS AN EXCUSE TO MUZZLE HER’
Meghan Markle friend reportedly claims the Royal Family are using Prince Philip’s illness as an excuse to “muzzle” her.
A Hollywood insider who is reportedly close to the Sussexes told the Daily Mail that Meghan wouldn’t push back the interview.
The source told the Mail: “Even if Meghan had the choice to postpone the Oprah special she said she wouldn’t because it has absolutely nothing to do with Prince Philip and that this is just an excuse by the palace to keep her muzzled.
“Prince Harry has no say on the matter. What’s done is done. Meghan said now the whole world can see what she had to endure for months on end.
“No support whatsoever and now even across the pond, still no loyalty or support.”
MEGHAN AND HARRY ‘EXPECTED TO BE INVOLVED IN BUCKINGHAM PALACE PROBE’
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry reportedly expect to be involved in any Buckingham Palace bullying probe.
The source said: “If it was an investigation into them, of some description, there would have to be a formal process where we would have to be involved.”
MEGHAN MARKLE SAYS ‘PALACE WAS IN THE ROOM WHEN SHE PREVIOUSLY CHATTED TO OPRAH’
Meghan turned the TV host down, saying that it was “not the right time”.
Now three years on, Meghan told Oprah: “I remember that conversation very well.
“I wasn’t even allowed to have that conversation with you personally, right.
“There had to be people sitting there.”
MEGHAN MARKLE’S ‘DEAR FRIEND’ SHARES PREVIOUSLY UNSEEN SNAP OF GINGER TOT ARCHIE
A friend of Meghan Markle has shared a previously unseen photo of what appears to be little Archie, who is sporting his dad’s trademark ginger hair.
Silver Tree, who worked as a producer on Suits, posted the sweet shot of the playful one-year-old on Twitter, after strongly defending Meghan in the caption.
In the photo, Archie can be seen playing with some toys on a table, with proud mum Meghan beaming in the background.
The heartwarming post comes after the duchess has been accused of bullying former members of staff at the palace.
Silver, who attended the royal wedding in May 2018, wrote on Twitter: “This is Meg. A real person- not a cover story. She is one of my very nearest and dearest. Like all her friends I love her madly.
HOLLYWOOD INSIDER CLAIMS PALACE OUTRAGE OVER INTERVIEW BROADCAST ‘AN EXCUSE BY PALACE TO KEEP HER MUZZLED’
A Hollywood insider with ties to Meghan claimed that outrage over the interview being broadcast during Prince Philip’s illness was just an “excuse by the palace to keep her muzzled”.
They told Mail Online: “Even if Meghan had the choice to postpone the Oprah special she said she wouldn’t because it has absolutely nothing to do with Prince Philip and that this is just an excuse by the palace to keep her muzzled.”
One the bullying allegations, the source added: “[Meghan] said these outrageous allegations confirm why she and Harry had to part ways and make it their mission to be a voice for the underdog.
“Meghan said not once did anyone from the Palace come to her defense when she was being shredded by the tabloids, but now all of a sudden it’s okay for those same people to talk to the media.
“She said it’s a double standard and not in a million years would Kate ever be treated this way. Meghan said she was singled out from day one. Meghan said she is beyond relieved and grateful that she can enjoy her pregnancy surrounded by love and support, unlike what she experienced behind the walls of the Palace.”
Buckingham Palace is reportedly furious at claims from “disingenuous” Meghan Markle and Prince Harry they unleashed a “calculated smear campaign” against them.
The Times today reported claims the Duchess of Sussex is facing allegations of bullying staff made by one of her closest advisers during her time at Kensington Palace.
The 39-year-old is even said to have snapped “it’s not my job to coddle people” after aides were left in tears and humiliated by her “difficult demands”.
But a spokesperson for the Sussexes denied the claims – instead saying Royal aides had launched a “calculated smear campaign” against Meghan ahead of her interview with Oprah Winfrey.
They also claimed The Times was “being used by Buckingham Palace to peddle a wholly false narrative.”
MORE ON JUDGE’S RULING IN MEGHAN VS MAIL ON SUNDAY CASE
In his ruling on Friday, Lord Justice Warby explained he “did not consider that there is any real prospect that the Court of Appeal would reach a different conclusion as to the outcome of the claim for misuse of private information, or as to the issues I decided in the copyright claim”.
The judge said he would order ANL to publish a notice about Meghan’s victory as it would have “genuine utility”.
He added: “The defendant devoted a very considerable amount of space to the infringing articles, which it continued to publish for over two years.
“It has devoted a very considerable number of further column inches, and many hundreds if not thousands of words, to coverage of earlier stages of this litigation and commentary upon them.
“The wording sought is modest by comparison, and factual in nature. But I am not persuaded of the case for prolonged publication.”
WATCH: PRINCE PHILIP MOVED BACK TO KING EDWARD VII’S HOSPITAL AFTER SURGERY
VIRGINIA ROBERTS SAYS PALACE IS ‘PROTECTING PRINCE ANDREW’ BY INVESTIGATING MEGHAN
Virginia Roberts reacted to news of an investigation into Meghan Markle by accusing the palace of protecting Prince Andrew.
She tweeted: “Buckingham Palace target anyone who challenges their narrative – look at the smear campaign they’ve done & still are doing against me for speaking out against the retched (sic) Prince Andrew for abusing me as a teen being trafficked by Epstein & Ghislaine Maxwell.
“What have we learned about Buckingham Palace?
“They are above the law & bully anyone who falls victim to their prey.”
BUCKINGHAM PALACE CONFIRMS PHILIP HOSPITAL MOVE AFTER ‘SUCCESSFUL’ HEART OP
Buckingham Palace said in a statement: “Following The Duke of Edinburgh’s successful procedure at St Bartholomew’s Hospital on Wednesday, His Royal Highness has been transferred to King Edward VII’s Hospital this morning.
“The Duke is expected to remain in hospital for continuing treatment for a number of days.”
The Duke underwent testing for his pre-existing heart problem at the hospital, which is one of the country’s leading specialist cardiac centres.
MEGHAN WASN’T ALLOWED TO SPEAK TO OPRAH ON HER OWN ‘WITHOUT SOMEONE LISTENING IN’
In the clip, released by CBS, Meghan claims she wasn’t even allowed to speak to Oprah in 2018 without someone listening in.
The 39-year-old mother said she was forced to turn down the interview, saying: “That wasn’t my choice to make.”
She also told Oprah that it was tough to go from having a “really independent life” to one that was within the “construct” of the Royal Family.
Meghan said that she and Prince Harry now have the “ability to make our own choices” in a way that they couldn’t three years ago.
MORE ON MEGHAN’S WIN AGAINST THE MAIL ON SUNDAY
Today, it was confirmed that the Mail on Sunday has been ordered to publish a front-page apology to Meghan after her victory.
The statement must also run on MailOnline for a week with a link to the court’s full ruling on Meghan’s win.
The same edition of the newspaper will have to state on page three that the High Court gave judgment for the Duchess on her claim for copyright infringement.
It will also have to include the following statement: “The court found that Associated Newspapers infringed her copyright by publishing extracts of her handwritten letter to her father in The Mail On Sunday and in MailOnline.”
MEGHAN MARKLE WINS LATEST LEGAL BATTLE OVER PUBLICATION OF LETTER TO FATHER
Meghan Markle has won her latest legal battle over the publication of a letter to her father.
It comes after a High Court judge ruled a national paper breached her privacy when it printed extracts of a five-page letter she’d written to Thomas Markle.
‘WE HAVE THE ABILITY NOW TO MAKE OUR OWN CHOICES’
The Duchess of Sussex has criticised the constraints she faced when a working royal and said it was “liberating” to be able to “say yes” to Oprah Winfrey’s request for an interview.
Meghan has taken another swipe at the institution of the monarchy in the latest clip released from her interview with the US chat show queen, saying she and Harry now have “the ability to make our own choices”.
Winfrey revealed she first approached the duchess for an in-depth chat a few months before their May 2018 wedding but was turned down with the proviso “perhaps there will be another time”.
Asked what was “right” about this moment to talk, Meghan replied in the clip aired on CBS This Morning: “Well, so many things. That we’re on the other side of a lot of … a lot of life experience that’s happened.
“Also that we have the ability to make our own choices in a way that I couldn’t have said yes to you then. That wasn’t my choice to make.
BREAKING: MAIL ON SUNDAY FORCED TO DO FRONT PAGE APOLOGY
The court ruling comes after she sued Associated Newspapers Limited (ANL), the publisher of the Mail on Sunday and MailOnline, over a series of articles that reproduced parts of the letter sent to her dad in August 2018.
Meghan claimed the articles, which were published in February 2019, involved a misuse of her private information, breached her copyright and breached the Data Protection Act.
WATCH: MEGHAN MARKLE CLAIMS PALACE INSISTED ON BEING IN ROOM WHEN SHE SPOKE TO OPRAH ON PHONE
MEGHAN MARKLE TELLS OPRAH: ‘I’M GLAD I CAN SPEAK FOR MYSELF’
The duchess said she was glad that she could now “speak for herself”.
The full two-hour interview will screen on Sunday night at 1am UK time, before ITV shows it the following evening at 9pm.
And the new footage from the ‘tell-all’ interview, filmed in California last month, will be shown on American breakfast show CBS This Morning between 12pm and 2pm UK time.
MEGHAN BULLYING ‘TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE’ SAYS DUCHESS’ EX SENIOR ADVISER
Allegations about bullying were lodged by one of Harry and Meghan’s most senior advisors, Jason Knauf.
Mr Knauf, who worked as communications secretary to Harry and Meghan and now heads the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s charitable foundation, alleged: “I am very concerned that the duchess was able to bully two PAs out of the household in the past year. The treatment of [X] was totally unacceptable.
“The duchess seems intent on always having someone in her sights. She is bullying Y and seeking to undermine her confidence.
“We have had report after report from people who have witnessed unacceptable behaviour towards [Y].”