ANTHONY JOSHUA has arrived in Saudi Arabia for his huge rematch against Andy Ruiz Jr next week.
The British boxer, 30, is looking to reclaim his WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO world titles – having suffered a shock defeat to lose them to the Mexican, also 30, in June.
What time is Joshua vs Ruiz 2?
- Antony Joshua and Andy Ruiz are expected to make their ring walks at 9pm GMT on Saturday, December 7 – that is 11pm in Saudi Arabia.
- This time the fight will not be taking place in the early hours of the morning for British fans like the first clash between the pair in New York back in June.
- The Diriyah Arena in Diriyah hosts the heavyweight title bout, with the first televised undercard bout set for 6pm GMT.
Fans stunned by Joshua’s ‘lean’ new look ahead of Andy Ruiz Jr rematch
WEIGHT A MINUTE
Tyson says Ruiz Jr’s weight loss for Joshua rematch ‘doesn’t make sense’
Fury slams BBC SPOTY as a FIX after not making list despite historic year
DILL ON BILL
Joshua vs Ruiz full undercard CONFIRMED with Dillian Whyte in stunning return
BATTLE OF QUITS
Ruiz Jr tells Joshua he’s a ‘quitter’ as pair face off before Saudi rematch
Fury slams ‘terrible’ Wilder & blasts rival for losing every round to ’50-year-old’
TALK THE TALK
Boxing news LIVE: All the latest updates from the
How can I watch Joshua vs Ruiz 2?
- The huge heavyweight title fight will be shown live on Sky Sports Box Office.
- Sky Sports Box Office will start their broadcast from 4pm GMT.
- This will be available for a record £24.95, with the full undercard and main event shown.
- You can also live stream for the same price on your computer, mobile and tablet devices.
Who else is on the fight card?
Alexander Povetkin, Dillian Whyte and Filip Hrgovic have been announced so far for the undercard:
- Andy Ruiz Jr vs Anthony Joshua (WBA Super, IBF, WBO, IBO world heavyweight titles)
- Dillian Whyte vs Mariusz Wach (WBC interim heavyweight title)
- Alexander Povetkin vs Michael Hunter (heavyweight)
- Filip Hrgovic vs Eric Molina (WBC international heavyweight title)
- Mahammadrasul Majidov vs Tom Little (heavyweight)
- Diego Pacheco vs TBA
- Ivan ‘Hopey’ Price vs TBA
What have the fighters said?
Andy Ruiz Jr: “I don’t think he’s going to try, how can I say this, go head-to-head with me. But if he does, even better.”
Anthony Joshua: “It’s more myself I have to change. I am looking at myself in the mirror and saying I know I’m better than that.
“Andy is still the same person. He will come game and I’ve got to change some of my bits and bobs.
“I was 50 per cent of the way towards getting a win, just got caught.”