The NFL oddsmakers appear to like what the Cleveland Browns did during the 2019 NFL offseason, and the team is receiving some serious love for it. With training camp just around the corner, the odds for each team to make the playoffs have been revealed, and the Browns are among the favorites.
The breakdown comes courtesy of BetOnline (via Mason Media Consulting), and points to Cleveland having a 55.1 percent chance to make the 2019 NFL Playoffs. Here’s a look at how the top of the list breaks down:
- New England Patriots 84.2 percent
- Kansas City Chiefs 78.9 percent
- Los Angeles Rams 71.8 percent
- New Orleans Saints 71.8 percent
- Los Angeles Chargers 66.4 percent
- Indianapolis Colts 65.3 percent
- Philadelphia Eagles 63.4 percent
- Chicago Bears 55.1 percent
- Cleveland Browns 55.1 percent
- Green Bay Packers 52 percent
- Dallas Cowboys 46.9 percent
- Pittsburgh Steelers 46.9 percent
The Browns cleared the Steelers by nearly 10 percent in terms of the odds to make the 2019 NFL Playoffs. As for the rest of the NFC North, the Baltimore Ravens (34.8 percent chance) were next, followed by the Cincinnati Bengals (13.6 percent chance).
Follow the Heavy Cleveland Browns page for the latest breaking news, rumors and content!
Browns’ Improvement in Odds From 2018
The fact the Browns are given a 55.1 percent chance to make the 2019 playoffs and are listed at -140 is impressive considering they had an over/under for wins of just 6.5 last season. This also came with odds to win the AFC North set at +1200 prior to the year.
In comparison, The Action Network’s Katie Richcreek shows that the Browns enter the upcoming season as the favorites to win the division.